Government Assistance For Caregivers of Elderly Parents

If you’re a caregiver of elderly parents and you’re in need of financial assistance, there are many options available. Find out more about the CEP and ICP programs, the Michigan Health Link Program, and the Oklahoma State Plan Personal Care Program. If you don’t qualify for government assistance, you can look into hiring a family member to help you.

See also:


Medicaid waiver programs can help you pay for the care of your elderly parents. Among other benefits, these programs can provide a tax-free stipend and access to caregiver support groups and resources. The programs are designed to reduce financial stress for caregivers. If your parents are receiving in-home care, you may qualify for this government assistance.

To qualify for CEP government assistance, you must provide care for your parent for two years. Additionally, your parent must not have been placed in a nursing home. Your medical documentation must prove that you are helping your parent stay at home and provide daily care. The amount of compensation that you receive will be based on the value of the home and the amount of equity your parent has in the home.


The Oregon Independent Choices Program is a program designed to offer long-term care to elderly and disabled people in their own homes. Rather than placing them in nursing homes, the program allows participants to hire family members or friends for in-home care. Instead of receiving a monthly budget, participants hire the caregiver themselves and manage their payroll. However, the caregivers must be paid at least minimum wage.

To receive government assistance for ICP, you must meet certain criteria. The first step is to identify the kind of caregiving assistance you need. Depending on your situation, you may qualify for a tax-free stipend, as well as free caregiving coaching and support.

Government Assistance For Caregivers of Elderly Parents

Another option is to look into Medicaid programs for assistance. In some states, such as New York, Medicaid requires a person to meet certain requirements before being eligible. In New York, for example, you may be eligible for the Consumer-Directed In-Home Services Program (CDIHP) program. In this program, you can choose the type of caregivers you want to hire, as long as they meet certain qualifications. For example, spouses may not be eligible for this program. Family members are only eligible if they live in a rural area or have a unique condition. If you do not qualify for CCSP, there are other Medicaid and private pay options available.

Another option is the Medicaid-funded Community Alternatives Program (CAPDA) Waiver. This program provides funding for personal care and minor home modifications. It also includes consumer-directed services that let you choose a personal assistant or caregiver of your choice. The program also covers home modifications and ongoing support for live-in family caregivers.

Michigan Health Link Program

The Michigan Health Link Program is designed to provide financial and supportive assistance to caregivers of elderly parents. These services include personal assistance, respite care and companion services. A tax-free stipend and free caregiving coaching and support are available to caregivers. The program also covers the costs of home modifications.

The Michigan Health Link Program also offers an Expanded Community Living Supports (ECLS) Waiver program. This program offers services that can delay a nursing home placement. However, the client must meet certain requirements before being eligible for these services. These services are not covered by Medicare or Medicaid, so a caregiver must be a relative or a friend of the elderly parent.

Michigan has two Medicaid-funded programs for caregivers of elderly parents. The first, the Home and Community-Based Services for Older Adults and Disabled (HCBS), is a home-care option. In addition to paying for caregivers, the program allows participants to self-direct care. For example, they can choose to hire a personal care attendant or hire a caregiver from the family. The caregiver may be an adult or a child, but spouses are not eligible.

Oklahoma State Plan Personal Care Program

The Oklahoma State Plan Personal Care program (SPPC) is a government program that provides personal care attendants for elderly and disabled people in need of assistance. These caregivers assist with daily living activities such as bathing, grooming, mobility, meal preparation, and basic housecleaning. This program is an entitlement and there is no waitlist. The program is administered through the Medicaid program in Oklahoma, known as SoonerCare.

In order to apply for Oklahoma State Plan Personal Care, applicants must meet income and asset requirements. Applicants must be 65 years of age or older to qualify. In addition, applicants must be low-income and have no more than $2,000 in countable assets. However, if both spouses are applying for Oklahoma Medicaid, there are some exceptions to this rule.

SPPC does not apply to home equity. This means that you can apply for assistance even if you don’t own a home. However, you should keep in mind that the state will try to recover the amount you paid for care after the beneficiary passes away. The state’s estate recovery program will work to recover these costs. Oftentimes, Medicaid will seek reimbursement through the sale of the home.

This program also provides financial assistance to people who have a disability or chronic medical condition. These funds can be used to pay for home and community services, pay for family caregivers, or pay for respite care. The assistance program is also known as a cash & counseling program, consumer program, or self-directed program. The program is available in every state except South Dakota. However, in order to participate in the program, applicants must meet eligibility requirements and be registered as a care provider.

Share this