What Documents Does a Child Need to Travel to Canada?

If your child is going to travel alone, they’ll need to bring written permission from both parents. This permission must be signed by both parents and should include their addresses, telephone numbers, and passport photos. If you’re traveling with them, they’ll only need a birth certificate and passport, but if they’re traveling alone, they’ll need a NEXUS Card or an eTA, as well as a visa.

See also:

Notarized travel consent letter

If you’re a parent or other legal guardian who is traveling with your child, a Notarized travel consent letter is essential. The document must contain the name and address of the adult who is traveling with the child, and it must state their relationship to the child. It also has to state where they’ll stay and what city they’ll be visiting. This document is essential for the safety of both you and your child.

Generally speaking, a minor under the age of 16 may enter Canada via land or sea. A notarized travel consent letter is required, along with a copy of the child’s U.S. birth certificate. The letter should also include a parent’s full name and contact information. The minor’s signature should be included as well.

It’s also best to have a notary public witness the travel consent letter so that it’s more credible. This is not a legal requirement, but it is an excellent way to make sure the document is legitimate. It will also help make foreign travel for a child easier.

Before sending a travel consent letter to a travel agency, ensure it’s been notarized. If it’s not, border officials may reject it. Notarized travel consent letters are also important for situations where both parents cannot be present, such as when a child travels with just one parent.

See also:

What Documents Does a Child Need to Travel to Canada

Passport book

If you are planning a trip with your children to Canada, it is important to have a passport book. Passports are required for visitors of all nationalities. They will need this document to prove their citizenship and residency. This will protect you and your child should any legal problems arise.

Whether your child is traveling to Canada for the first time or is returning from a trip, they will need a valid passport. In addition to the passport, they will also need a NEXUS card or an enhanced driver’s license. If you have a NEXUS card, you can apply for a child card for free. Alternatively, you can also present a valid U.S. birth certificate or other proof of citizenship.

If your child is not yet 16, they should have a notarized letter from both parents granting permission to travel. If both parents are traveling, your child will not need a passport. But if the other parent is accompanying them, they must also have a signed letter of consent for the child to enter the country. Having a letter from both parents is essential for your child to enter Canada.

If your child is traveling to Canada by air, it is imperative that they present a valid passport book to the airline. Visiting Canada for the first time can be stressful enough, but a passport book will ensure that you are protected against unexpected problems and emergencies. A child’s passport book will also keep your child safe if their flight back to the U.S. is delayed.


Children traveling to Canada may be required to obtain a NEXUS Card from their parents. While parents may not be NEXUS members, the consent of the parent or legal guardian must be provided for the child to apply for the card. Upon approval, the child will be subject to security checks and background checks. US Customs and Border Protection will consult with law enforcement agencies to ensure that the child is not a danger to public safety. The child will also need to have a unique email address that parents can access.

If parents share custody of their children, they should carry copies of legal custody documents or a letter of authorization from the other parent. This letter must state that the child has the legal right to travel abroad and that the child is not in danger of being abducted. The letter must include the parents’ full name, address, and phone number.

The NEXUS card has an RFID chip and is issued for five years. It costs $50 for adults and free for children. NEXUS card applications can take a few weeks to process. It’s also important to note that NEXUS cards can be suspended or revoked for any reason, including putting prohibited items in travel bags and purses.

The NEXUS card can also be used for crossing the border in Canada. NEXUS membership allows travelers to use a dedicated lane for customs inspection. Moreover, it is accepted as identification for both Canadian and U.S. citizens. Children under 18 can travel to Canada with the NEXUS card and only need to provide proof of citizenship.

NEXUS Card is a passport for children

When children are under 18, a NEXUS Card is the next step in their Canadian travel. The application process is similar to that of an adult, and the child must have the permission of a parent or legal guardian. The child must also have a clean criminal and immigration record. Parents should also make sure their child has an email address.

The NEXUS card is valid for five years and can be obtained for children under 18. There is a $50 application processing fee for adults, but children under 18 can apply for free. Children will need to have an adult accompany them during travel. This type of card can be a great option for frequent travelers, as it’s not as expensive and the process is less stressful for children.

Children can also apply for a NEXUS Card if their parents have a NEXUS Card. These cards allow children to travel to Canada without the need for a passport book. These cards can also be used on air travel back to the United States. NEXUS kiosks can be found at select Canadian airports.

If you are a low-risk traveller, the NEXUS card can make crossing the border a breeze. The card can be used at airport kiosks and at land border crossings. It also enables members to use designated priority lanes during peak travel periods. The card can also provide NEXUS members with TSA PreCheck eligibility.

Consent letter from other parent

If you want to bring your children with you while you travel outside of Canada, you’ll need to get a consent letter from the other parent. It’s important to have this letter to show immigration officials that you have the child’s consent to travel. Not only does it allow you to bring your child to another country, but it also allows you to re-enter Canada after traveling abroad. Getting a consent letter from the other parent will make traveling with your children simpler.

It’s recommended that you have one letter for each child traveling with you. Then, you’ll have more flexibility when planning your trip. Also, you can name one adult as the accompanying adult. This person can be the leader of the group, or even a grandparent.

You can use a sample travel consent letter that’s provided by the Government of Canada. Ideally, you should get a notary public to witness the letter to ensure that all signatures are genuine. The document should be signed by both parents. This will protect your child from any adverse situations that might arise during the trip.

A travel consent letter is a legal document in which the partner agrees to let the other parent take their child. While this document is not required by Canadian law, it may be required by immigration authorities, airline agents, and Canadian officials at the time of entry and exit from the country. If you’re traveling to Canada with a child without a travel consent letter, your trip will be delayed or you may be denied entry.

Consult the U.S. Department of State or Canadian Border Services Agency

Before you travel with a child to Canada, it is important to know what laws apply to children. For example, children may not be allowed to enter Canada without the written permission of their parents or guardians. It is important to have this written consent, which must clearly state that the child or children are yours and have permission to be with you. You should also include the names and contact information of both parents. The Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) also has rules and regulations regarding travel with children.

Before traveling with a child to Canada, make sure that you have all the required documents. For example, if the child is a U.S. citizen, it must have a passport. You may need other documents as well, including a birth certificate. You must also have a copy of the child’s legal custody papers with you. If the parents share custody of the child, they should also have a consent letter signed by the other parent. The consent letter should contain the other parent’s full name, address, and telephone number. If the parent or guardian is traveling with a child, they should arrive in the same vehicle.

Whether you are traveling with a child to Canada or visiting your family in Canada, it is important to follow all regulations. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) enforces the law and helps prevent the illegal importation of dangerous and illegal items into the U.S.