Narcissists often seek to withdraw from social interaction in order to avoid being around others that might be threatening or triggering their feelings of superiority and self-importance. This strategy can work for a while, but eventually, it becomes too difficult to maintain. The narcissist may find it harder and harder to cope with the sense of solitude and emptiness that comes with not having others by their side.
There are a number of reasons why narcissists hide away from their loved ones. Some people believe that narcissists are Distance-Oriented and they will not allow themselves to be close to others. Others believe that narcissists have an over-the-top sense of self-promotion and they do not feel comfortable revealing their true feelings. Still, others believe that narcissists may be experiencing a traumatic event or life experience that has caused them to lose touch with reality.
See also: Narcissist attention-seeking behavior
Narcissists are often hard to find, but they manage to find ways to be near us without our notice. Some of the reasons narcissists hide away from us include feeling embarrassed or ashamed, fearing that we’ll judge them, or feeling like we don’t deserve their love. Despite these reasons, we all know narcissists are amazing people who just need some love and care. So why do they hide away from us?
7 Reasons why narcissists hide away from you
- Narcissists often avoid intense contact with others because they feel it would cause them to be exposed and then Could lose their cover.
- They may avoid close relationships because they are afraid of being hurt or rejected.
- They may use alcohol or drugs to hide from loved ones or work colleagues.
- Narcissists may become withdrawn and isolate themselves in their own homes, office, or other setting away from those who care about them.
- To maintain their facade, narcissists often create false self-images that reflect a sense of superiority and grandeur over others.
- Narcissists can be difficult to deal with on a personal level due to their constant insecurity and need for admiration which can make you feel like you’re the only one who matters in their life.
- Their need for admiration, admiration and constant praise can make them difficult to work with.
Narcissists often become isolation-seekers in order to avoid being seen as emotional outbursts or having their personal feelings hurt. In fact, many experts say that this is a common symptom of the disorder. It can be difficult to tell when a narcissist is just trying to avoid you or when they truly need distance from you. If you’re concerned about someone’s well-being, it’s important to provide some space and professionalism for the conversation.
The defensive mechanisms narcissists use to avoid being seen as vulnerable: They may hide their emotions, minimize their feelings, or try to control their behavior in order to maintain their self-esteem. There are many defensive mechanisms narcissists use to avoid being seen as vulnerable. These mechanisms may include hiding their emotions, withdrawing from relationships, and shutting down communication. If you notice that someone is hiding from you or avoiding interaction, it may be best to appeal to them directly for help.
5 ways in which you can help narcissists feel more open and vulnerable
Narcissists often feel closed off and protected from the outside world. However, there are a number of ways how you can help narcissists feel more open and vulnerable. Here are 5 ways:
- Talk to them about their feelings: Narcissists often do not want to talk about their emotions, but talking to them about their feelings can help them feel more open and exposed. Tell them that you understand what they are feeling and that you care about them.
- Get close to them: When narcissists are feeling closed off, it can be difficult for them to get close to others. If you become close to them, it will provide some space for them to come out and express their feelings.
- Give them space to feel When you are close to narcissists, they may feel uncomfortable and want to keep you at a distance. If this is the case, give them the space to feel comfortable.
- Take care of them If the narcissist is feeling distant, it’s important to take care of them and make sure that they feel loved. Give them space to get away from you and have some alone time.
- Be kind If you are close to narcissists, it may be hard for them to focus their attention on your needs. Take the time to do something nice for them and give them space to feel loved.
See also: When a narcissist sees you looking good